1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Dota training map

Discussion in 'Dota Modding' started by dewouter, Nov 24, 2016.

1. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I wanted to practice some dota tricks and so I created a custom game for myself, but it would be selfish to keep it all to myself right?

Right now it contains the following rounds:
    1. Blocking, block a unit running down as long as possible
    2. Dodge an arcane bolt with manta style, every time you succeed the projectile starts moving 10% slower. (making the timing harder)
    3. Timber Race, jump from tree to tree to the finish. This is too easy and I don't think it matters. Candidate for removal.
    4. Armlet Toggling, a windrunner attacks you for 5 seconds. You have 1 hp and armlet, survive. Every 5 seconds the BAT of the windrunner gets decreased by 0.1.
    5. Backswing cancelling, try to land as many attacks as possible on the target by cancelling the backswing animation.(I need research on this, I have no idea how effective this can actually be.)
    6. Invoking, Invoke the displayed spell within the time, the time decreases by 10% every time.
    7. Another manta dodging, but this time impale. This is extremely hard and it does not change in difficulty after succeeding.
    If you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear, adding them shouldn't be hard. Let me know how much points you have gotten!

Here

P.S. I have tested this with 2 players and it has a lot of issues, I wouldn't recommend it for now.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Dark Mizuki

Dark Mizuki Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Now this is a training map that we'd need. I'll be sure to check this one, I'm rooting for the popularity of this one.

3. dewouter

Oct 27, 2009
    Popularity isn't really important as you can easily play it alone. Wouldn't mind it though..

4. ExpertMarksman

ExpertMarksman Member

Jun 10, 2009
  5. dewouter

Oct 27, 2009
    Dota1 is a map, how can that have other maps? What are you trying to say?

6. FireCog

FireCog Member

Jun 17, 2013
    What does Dota then when the throne falls? In the mean time when you look at the interface, you do not see what is going on on real.

Do not delude yourself with that training.
    Take yoga, clean your mind and you shall understand, you have all you need to perform and there are better ways to spend your time than training primitive reflexes that are getting overwhelmed by a little nervosity.
    And ocasionally, you will find yourself reviewing one of the heroes just right below this line.