1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

DotA Laboratory

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by mapdesigner, Jun 22, 2017.

1. matrice

matrice Member

Sep 14, 2009
    yup, i agree withyou, it was just a 2nd way to see the problem like you do, but i was interested in how bu3ny was going to answer that ^^

2. pohka

pohka New Member

Oct 10, 2016
    really nice read, I would like to see more like this

3. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Nextvim going to test if bm reflect ionshell dmg on ds or on the creep who is ionshelled. (I.e. which of the two is the source)

Is there some interaction you would like to know, Mr @pohka ?

4. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager Staff Member

Sep 3, 2009
    The source of Ion Shell's damage is definitely Dark Seer (or Rubick, if he casted it).

5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I beg you pardon, Im not sure if I shared this: last time I tested pugna decriptify vs Necro shroud it did not stack. Thus pugna would be bad vs necro.

6. vvjacobo

vvjacobo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Can someone confirm? The not stack part, pugna would sill be good against necro.

7. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Its pretty easy to test. All you need is a dagon + the two buffs.

There another yet better way to test it. Get BM and let necro cast dagon on pugna (because the reflected dmg would be exactly 400 dmg and INT will not amplify it, so its easier way)

8. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Hello

I tested FuzzyWuzzy ultimate with spectre dispersion, and it seems that ursa takes full damage with no reduction whatsover o_O

9. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
  10. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
  11. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Another test:

status resistance from Tiny Grow and heart of tarrasque does affect legion commander. Hence, I can fairly assume that duel is affected by aeon disk and any other status resistance.

12. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    hmmmm,

so you mean that ursa, blood seeker, and damage manipulations generally trigger only on damage, with exception of armor and spell resistance which always modify physical/magical dmage respectively, be it on damage or not?

is that what you mean? perhaps it is. Nothing is mention in ursa enrage description whether it only happens ON-damage, or whether it happens later. I actuallly think its a bug (even if its coded as on-damage effect modification)

13. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    You were asking why DISPERSION reflected full damage on an Enraged Ursa. I gave you an answer about that, not about damage manipulation. Anyway, Ursa's ultimate is damage manipulation, this means it affects only on-damage effects. HP removal is not affected by damage manipulation. Not a bug.

Also, you have to understand that on-damage or on-damage effects are DIFFERENT from "on damage" or "on receiving damage" or "after receiving damage."
    On-damage as I understand it, is a term that differentiates or determines what affects things like Salve's regen being dispelled, Mjollnir procs, HoT's regen, Blink Dagger 3 sec CD, etc. It could come from a spell or an item or just a normal attack.

Sometimes, abilities that fully prevent or nullify damage can save your Salve from being removed or Blink Dagger being disabled, but Mjolnir will still proc even when attacks are fully nullified. This is because of the on-damage thingy.

14. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    apparently spirit wessel does not reduce HP gained from morphing to strength stats. can someone confirm?

I also cant be too sure its magical damage.

15. EebstertheGreat

Sep 3, 2009
  16. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    its in the new update, an upgrade for urn of shadows. now urn of shadows is magical damage while still being HP removal (so pipe active does not block it)

now this spirit wessel thing supposedly negates 70% of the healing when targetting enemies, as well as dealing 3% of current HP per second. but what does negate healing mean? what is healing? purifcation from omni, dassle, oracle abilites, what else? life steal, what else? does it count morphing to strength? or not? thats what I was trying to test.

17. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    he just likes to invent some new names, like crystal CM, qop of pain, etc.

18. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I didn't envent that :eek:

19. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    oops. sorry. qwop maybe?

20. EebstertheGreat

Sep 3, 2009
    I know what you meant; I was just making fun of your spelling.