1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

DotA Laboratory

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by mapdesigner, Jun 22, 2017.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Hello,

I will just post any tests or mechanics I find interesting if that is ok.

So, I just wanted to double check LC aghs interaction if LC was target from other units owned by the target hero.
    • Lone Druid Bear does not deal any damage to Legion
    • Terror Blade Illusions also do not deal any damage
    • Monkey King Ultimate deals no damage as well
    • I will assume lycan units and necro book does not damage LC based on the above.

• Damage block affects blade mail if physical
    • if BM user has blood rage, damage is not amplified (can be tested using blood rage)
    • If BM user has silver edge debuff, damage is reduced.
    • If BM target has blood rage, it have amplified damage returned to it.
    I know I have posted same test before, but I just wanted to double check if anything was updated. this test is valid at 22/June/2017

Will post other tests when I feel like it.

• ionShelled troll
    • Pa First hit bash
    • batman oil
    • jug omni + silver edge

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager Staff Member

Sep 3, 2009
    It's odd that Bloodrage does not amplify outgoing damage from Blade Mail.

3. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    It was explicitly stated in patch note that this in particular was changed. the reason is that blood seeker being able to amplify twice with blade mail and made it OP.

However, what I find odd is that blade mail was then changed that damage is returned before any reduction, which makes me believe its interaction with silver edge is quite inconsistent.

4. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Test3: Yornero receives no damage from blademail while spinning even while attacking.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Obviously. He is dealing magic damage and he is magic immune.
    Maybe if the target was also magic immune, then his attack damage would probably be reflected.

6. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    well his attacks still technically go through. it is supposed to be reduced, and as of blademail change, it stated that it returns damage before any reductions, so I thought it might return his right click damage, but you know what? I will have to test this with diffusal because he would still deal physical damage and it will go through

7. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    AFAIK, it's not counted as damage reduction.
    Bash get's reflected, diffusal's mana break isn't because it's blocked by magic immunity.

Also, I don't think it would reflect even if the target was magic immune. I've never seen it in my current games. But I remember seeing it reflect his attack while spinning before, I don't know when it was changed.

8. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I just tested. Diffusal does deal 27 damage to Yornero from blademail during his spin. Diffusal is physical damage

9. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yes, but I'm saying if target is magic immune.
    Did you test it with other on-attack effects? Like OoV, pierce, etc.

10. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    could do that but im not sure which attack modifiers are nout magical? I can only think of diffusal + slardar bash. OOv is magical apparently

11. EebstertheGreat

Sep 3, 2009
    Blade Fury reduces Juggernaut's outgoing attack damage to 0 except against wards and buildings. Because it is reducing it on his end, not the target's end, Blademail would reflect 0 damage (actually, I think Blademail is coded not to reflect 0 damage, so it just does nothing). It doesn't matter if the target is magic immune.

12. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    That is not actually true I'm afraid

Proof:
    upload_2017-7-3_20-1-1.png
    Repro:

1. Pick Commander Tresdin with Dagon.
    2. Pick Yornero With Silver Edge and Blademail.
    3. Tresdin do 150 damage to Yornero, and Yornero Reflects 300 Damage.
    as far as I know, Silveredge is also on the targets end reduction

Will add this to OP later

13. Bu3ny

Bu3ny Moderator Staff Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Blade Fury does not use reductions. It works like how Bash, Diffu, or any other dmg increasing effect does . On each attack, the attack target is checked. If it's a hero or a creep, he gets his attack damage reduced to 0 as the attack hits. Since this effect lasts for one tick, it's not visible in the HUD, just like how you cant see the bash proc damage in your HUD.

The attack damage reduction considers his base damage, damage from attributes and raw damag bonuses. So basically, it considers "permanent" bonuses only. Conditional/Temporare bonuses like diffu, bash dmg, shadow blade break damage are ignored, because these effects work like that as well. Upon proccing, they give you + attack damage for that attack.

mapdesigner likes this.
  14. EebstertheGreat

Sep 3, 2009
    In what sense is that not a "reduction"?

15. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I think the HUD thing has more to do with them not sending it to the client at all. I also got high crit numbers while not dealing damage. That means the server also has the higher numbers. Maybe they made it so that Blade Fury is an aura that protects enemies from attack damage from Jugger?

16. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I think he means it is a bash with negative bonus damage. When bash proccs, the additional damage get reflected and so bash hit will return more damage back to the attacker. in the same way, the bladefury will return less (0 in fact) damage to the attacker.

17. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Test 5:

Prowless Root does not interrupt TP, so is that of Pitlord. however, Syllabear root does stop TP