1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

CK is completely broken

Discussion in 'Meta-Game Discussion' started by BloodRampage-, Apr 17, 2017.

1. BloodRampage-

BloodRampage- Member

Nov 9, 2013
    brood isnt broken because she gets countered by any AOE... CK needs SCALABLE AOE

you know... scalable in the sense that you can actually fucking increase its damage over game duration rather than fall off at the X minute mark?

CK and his illusions get tankier with levels/items, whereas a non-scalable AOE nuke does that fixed 500 damage no matter what... brood's spiders dont scale up in HP, so they get countered just fine by non-scalable AOE

2. Equivocal

Equivocal Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Yes I already referred to that part in my post, and the issue was with Wisp. Definitely not with CK.
    And as Z01d already said, he was poor man's Tiny.

I am not so sure how much his latest buffs have had impact on him, but the few games I've seen him he had a lackluster performance.

3. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Or you can abuse the fact that for he needs a lot of items to have survivable illusions at X minutemark which he can't farm adequately. You won't hit critical mass with a manta, armlet and power treads. Also, you needing damage to take care of carries at the x minute mark goes without saying..

If you let a game drag on against Medusa or Spectre then you should be punished no? Same with Chaos Knight. And even then things like mana drain, hex and life drain can instantly remove illusions, or Warlock + any AOE damage outright murders illusion heroes like CK. CK also has a massive cooldown on his illusions to boot meaning even if you lose a fight you can respawn, start another one and he won't have his ult. If CK ults near rosh or on his side of the map then your buildings are pretty safe and he can't get many objectives, and if his ult accomplishes nothing then he's a poor man's Wraith King.
    CK also doesn't really want to build BKB as it doesn't benefit his illusions so you can abuse the fact that his illusions are either still manageable (bkb is expensive) or that you can spam disables on CK and make him sad that way.

I mean, how is this scalable AOE story different from TB who has a much better uptime on illusions, can actually farm fast and melts towers even faster than CK while being ranged? Unlike CK, if you win a teamfight with TB you're taking half their base.

4. Anti-Xenophobe

Anti-Xenophobe Member

Jul 21, 2009
    It's fucking 2017 and people are still responding to BloodRampage troll threads. As I said ages ago the first rule of any balance debate is "example games on DotaBuff or gtfo", nobody sane should be wasting their time on the woes of yet another 3k mmr shitter

5. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    ^But then PD would be even deader than it is now

6. Palvikinkku

Palvikinkku Member

Jul 12, 2009
    If we let rampant (bad) shitposting run among the site just to keep it alive... it's not worth it. Might as well as let bots run among us, if we want to be seen "alive".

On topic: CK is fine, really. As many has pointed his weaknesses, he needs massive farm to be scary late game and has to built around to work in team. Can't just slap him any lineup and expect him to go beyond godlike every game.

And yes, CK hits very hard. But he relies insta-gibbing weaker heroes and thinning enemy line. And if you burn his mana, he's over glorified melee creep, who just happens to be fast.

This should be relatively simple. Oh well.