1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing COURIER features back with NEW APPROACH!

Discussion in 'Remakes' started by Mae Shirayuki, May 16, 2018 at 1:11 PM.

1. Mae Shirayuki

Mae Shirayuki Member

Oct 3, 2009
    After many games I had played in Dota 2 Turbo mode, I found a few good things. One of them is, changing the courier back. I am not sure whether what I going to suggest can be accepted by the community and developer, or maybe these ideas already been tested before but failed.

The old courier delivery method must be recovered because many new players are joining Dota 2 and misbehaving when playing in lower brackets games. IceFrog, Valve or the developer maybe can't see most things happening in the lower brackets games. Why the developer or Dota 2 team don't come out with a new way to reward any player who successfully kill the opponent's courier?

We know the buy back system in Dota 2 has quite long timer. Players who already used the buy back feature will not be able to use it again for a few minutes. What about the cost of buying back? Why the developer or Dota 2 team never relate the cost of buying back with courier?

What I would like to suggest here are as following:
    1. Each player deserves to buy only one courier with cost of 50 golds (to avoid other teammates or spoilers from abusing or disrupting items deliveries).
    2. Buy back time for courier's owner will be increased whenever his courier is killed (to reduce the frequency of player's intentionally feeding to his opponents with his courier).
    3. Player who successfully kill a courier will achieve a reduction for buy back cost but does not gain gold (to avoid opponent from gaining "real-time advantage" due to spoiler who intentionally send his courier for opponent's feed and causing imbalance golds net worth).
    4. Each player can control his personal courier only (to avoid other players from complaining teammates never buy courier or abusing courier) [very similar to no.1].

(source: https://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=287414)