1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Change Ultimate of LD

Discussion in 'Visual & Gameplay Ideas' started by mapdesigner, May 22, 2017.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Hello,

I think the Green Ball representing if ulti is on CD or not should refer to summoning the bear for lone druid because his actual Ulti has 0 CD.

for terror blade it maybe it should refer to metamorph but I am not sure (because at least TB has an actual ulti with CD)

it is just visual and help your team understand your hero. only matters at high mmr

Skulls_n_Souls likes this.
  2. summer-penguin

summer-penguin Moderator Staff Member

Feb 18, 2011
    I'm not following you, md.

3. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    upload_2017-5-22_15-30-36.png
    I am talking about this green diamond

makes sense?

summer-penguin likes this.
  4. summer-penguin

summer-penguin Moderator Staff Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Oh, I see.
    Yeah, that's... interesting, actually.
    I kinda like that. Doing that to the Lone Druid. But not to the TB.
    Cool.
    What else do you got?

mapdesigner likes this.
  5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    xD
    not sure,

I thought pa and maybe others have passive ultis but wasnt sure it must be replaced with what

but currently the ultimate that do not matter if in CD I think are, ummm,

• maybe invoke (meteor, deaf blast, or sun strike is better to know). Question is, if they are not invoker at the moment, but are ready and not on CD, should it look green as in ready or off as in "on CD"? I think they should look green cuz they can be invoked any time.
    • and Techies remote land mines (suicide blast seems better to know if in CD)
    • not sure about storm. It has 0 CD but it is important to know if he has mana. his electric vortex isnt that long CD and isnt like an ultimate. so im neutral on that.
    • what about Rubick? ummm, maybe if he stolen ultimate it should look green? not sure lol
    • what about ogre?
    • Morphling: I think it should look green if he can swap pos. with his illusion. not sure if it is behaving like that already.
    • there is probably only leshrac Left but I think he should be left as he is (no reason to make any other ability his ultimate)

so, yes there are a lot more, but I dont know what should be done with them lol

6. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    This would just be confusing. Even if it's just a passive, the green diamond is a great way to check whether your allies are level 6 yet ow not, so it's not entirely useless either.

Also, it'd have to be changed whenever a hero gets reworked based on the arbitrary notion on 'what skill is more important and has a long CD'. It would just confuse the nuckas out of beginners.

7. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    • Not all heroes grab it at lvl 6 (sf)
    • we can the diamond turn green lvl 6+ so you can be happy
    • I dont think beginners even know what that green thing is, nor would they care to check it. heck I until now still dont care much about it lol.
    • they will get used to it. its not really complicated (and when you hover over it will see the ability we r talking about I think, so they will understand that the diamond is talking about the "strong ability")

8. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Whether an ally skilled ult at all is still good to know right? Your Lone Druid may have skipped his ultimate, this is an easy way to know. And in most other cases you'll know whether your ally is 6 yet or not.

But lone druid can have bear before 6.. if you change it to be spirit bear, what's the point in not showing the green diamond before 6?

They even have it in League of Legends. It's a very simple indicator. Besides, it's just counter-intuitive to have a random spell be indicated rather than the ultimate like it always is.

Dude, it's nice and simple because you KNOW it's going to be about the ultimate. I'm not going to memorize for every hero what the 'big spell' is, and if I'm going to hover the green diamond I might as well just click the hero itself.
    Even if it doesn't mean anything for a PA, it's good to have the diamond be green because it's consistent; I can see whether my teammates ults are on CD or not in one glance without having to worry about whether or not it's actually the ultimate that's available or not.

Would you change the green diamond for TA to indicate refraction over traps? Refraction is arguably the more important cooldown right? Pugna ult if you have Aghs?
    This is just a slippery slope that will just mess everything up.

Edit: forgot a sentence

9. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    ok if we give LD a Geomancer Treatment we will be done with this confusion

as you know Geomancer already has his ultimate coming pre-lvl 6 (at 3 I think), so if we do same thing with LD that will do :D

10. Oesile

Oesile Member

Oct 8, 2016
    If Spirit Bear becomes an Ultimate LD can skill at level 1, 3, 5 and 7 I see no issues with it, but only being able to level Spirit Bear at 3 just kills the hero. That skill alone is what makes LD a viable hero, not accessing your best skill which is also the best level 1 laning tool in the game anymore is just too heavy a nerf.

11. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    no its just so you can accept it I change position to be 4th ability. nothing actually changes lol (except my diamon :3)