1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Can spirit breaker prime bashes by cancelling attacks?

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by fierywinds, Oct 18, 2017.

1. fierywinds

fierywinds Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Greater bash is now pseudo random. I have 2 questions:

1. Can he cancel attacks on creeps a few times before ganking for a higher than 17% chance to bash? E.g. cancel 4 attacks very quickly without bash (cancel because sb attack speed is so slow) then charge enemy hero

2. Does his attack animation show when he was about to bash? (Like how wraith kings sword glows green before a crit). Probably important to know if there were bashes in the cancelled attacks while priming for a greater bash chance

3. Pseudo random distribution works such that each hit without bash increases the chance of a bash on the next hit. When bash is on cooldown, do those hits that do not bash (because bash is on cooldown) increase the chance of a bash on the next hit?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I dont know about cancelling attack animation but yes, you can prime your bashes.

3. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I think only WK & PA has special crit animations.

PRD is not increased when on cooldown. This was asked before & we tested it using Void's Time Dilation to prolong the CD, the first hit after the CD was not an assured proc.

4. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    2-) if the ability still have cool down, you will know if there was a bash in the cancelled attack

5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Where is the test pls?

6. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I didn't record it but can't you test it yourself? This is so easy to do.
    Get anyone with a passive cd on hit.
    Get aspd buffs, auras, etc. Troll, Beasty, moonshards, whatever.
    Slow the game down & use Time Dilation when the passive procs.
    If the max attacks of PRD is achieved while on CD & the first hit after the CD doesn't proc then it doesn't increase.

7. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I thought someone posted test findings so i got curios. also no I still didnt downlaod the update its gonna take hours (and I dont know where is my mouse lol)

Edit: also I remember there was discussion about this and we couldnt prove anything becuz there was chance that the counter reset during CD even if it didnt proc.
    could you possibly be reffering to this link for the test you are talking about? (though it was not conclusive)

PRD & CoolDown

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. Blamagenkind

Blamagenkind Member

Jun 10, 2009
    That's my thread. :D
    I wasn't referring to that but this question is why I made the thread.
    You can ask in the dev forums but this has also been asked there before and buny never answered it.