1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Screen of Death Problem

Discussion in 'Tech & Programming' started by Nezekan, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Nezekan

Nezekan Moderator Staff Member

Jan 17, 2011
    For weeks I've been trying to help someone with this, but I'm at my wits end.

So he had this blue screen problem for while. It doesn't happen consistently, but it does happen. It never happens when outside games, meaning it only happens when playing games and usually one or more hours into it. A few months ago, he upgraded his whole system except his RAM and Hard because they were great to begin with. 16GB RAM and 3 Terabyte Hard.

However the problem still exists. Is it safe to assume it has to be the RAM or Hard at this point since the problem did not go away when other parts were changed? The error and the text on the error is always the same. I took a screenshot of the error with my phone:

[​IMG]

He can't change his RAM and Hard for a while though, since he spent all his money already. But any help other than changing hardware is appreciated.

2. dewouter

dewouter Moderator Staff Member

Oct 27, 2009
  3. Nezekan

Nezekan Moderator Staff Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I can't be sure about cooling, but as I said everything was changed (including GPU and CPU) and there is indeed enough power (800w). Its probably the cooling though based on what the link is saying.

Edit: Well the fans are working well enough. If there is a cooling problem, then this requires additional cooling, because default system is working fine.