1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Ban imminent

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by lovestep, Mar 11, 2018.

1. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Mods can you merge the thread I created similar to this into this thread? Thanks

So the thing actually is just a warning then? Let's say I play 20 matches once the game gets unlocked, and be completely mute, no communication at all with chat wheel or mic or typing, and i get reported maybe 2-3 times from players that are angry i stomped them. I should be okay still? int heory

Lovestep, you can't get reported in low priority. Or commended.

But yeah, all this diarrhea explains why i've been seeing the same players over and over again the last 6 months. I'm in the lowest possible behavior score which explains why the "quality" of matches has been stronger then dogshit

So what, then? The answer is to just keep losing mmr until your behavior score rises? Like, I'm down. I'll lose another 100 in a row just to play a consistent dota 2 game in ranked. I'm just wondering if that's the only solution because, it seems thats it.

In the event that you have absolutely no chance of winning because of bad picks, bad draft, bad lanes, any of the variables and confounds, you just gotta bite the bullet right?

I feel like pressing playdota is like gambling your mmr

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @vorsybl:
    You should have read the thread.
    The answer to rise behavior score is simple.

Don't rage, don't tilt, don't insult, don't leave or stay AFK etc.

Then to increase it faster - play only support, ask for commends every time you manage to do well.

Meanwhile during games - refrain from tilting your allies and act nice when they manage to do nice.

3. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Support is the key dude. Those ward spots are 100 times better than where i was placing them, which was, completely random actually. That, coupled with successful pull throughs and creep denying, yeah, I should be good

Like I said, i always just thought it was me, that it was bad luck or something. Turns out it's designed this way on purpose, so now I know why the games are so shitty and difficult. Because i'm pooled with the worst imaginable players.

4. lovestep

lovestep Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Right... so a final update:

[​IMG]

This is my 7th new conduct summary ever since I got the "Ban Imminent" warning. All 7 of them have been positive.
    Even that face above the "Overall conduct" has turned from red to gray and now to green.

My behavior score is normal for the first time since it was introduced:
    [​IMG]

And yet I still see the "Ban Imminent" warning when I open up Dota. I know I read some guy on reddit who said he got rid of it somehow but it seems it won't be the case for me.

Now I just gotta see if a few more reports are going to amount to a ban and end it all.

5. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Weird. Mine went away after a day. you should be alright honeslty.

6. Abdulink

Abdulink Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I can't believe Valve still relies on player-reports' numbers without actually checking any of them.

7. DasKobold

DasKobold Member

Sep 5, 2014
    @Abdulink its more than just player reports, I feel like they are taking a look at the data too. That said, it relies to much on player reports and not enough on actual data.