1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Arc Warden Aghanim

Discussion in 'Remakes' started by carakonchar, Oct 9, 2018.

1. carakonchar

carakonchar Member

Aug 21, 2011
    hero is good... as someones says+++
    but for me it is not...

his rightclick potential is so low compared to other core heros

so add somesing to his damage will be nice (y)

I suggest Aghanim give him second primal atribut (str) with give him totaly +97 damage at 25 lvl(25+3x24) as well as a little bit hp and regen bust///
    but more impotant this will make etherial blade owerpowered on him (str+agi)+75 = damage

it's not to much cause some hero talants give more damage than this +250 or 251 damage or even + 100 agi;)

2. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @carakonchar:
    Hero is not only good, in the hands of experienced player after certain time he is game-breaking.

You obviously have never seen what this hero is capable of doing.
    Let me tell you - buy Travel and any decent DPS item plus Necronomicon, farm the whole map while constantly sending ultimate to push at different locations.

Congratulations, if you are good enough to not do obvious mistakes you can easily reach at least 4-5k if you have more then 60 effective APM. That's how good the hero is.

3. carakonchar

carakonchar Member

Aug 21, 2011
    1)at really not!!!! the best skill of this hero is Spark Wraith... 1st skill is complytly useless(as for me) I can stay near creps or heros,but more important I do thet most of times

2)I see btw,,, and it's not much. only if hero bay rapier(but any hiro with it can be dangeros)

3)can easily reach at least 4-5k on any hero if you luck anought!!!!

4. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @carakonchar:
    No, all of his skills are nice or at least decent, your inability to grasp their power is another mater.
    All of them - as on a lot of heroes can be played around, but it's not so easy.

Rapier is bad item for the hero. Usual build includes items such as Travel, Shadow Blade, Hurricane Pike, Mjollnir, Necronomicon etc. Drop-able items doesn't work well on him.

Luck has nothing to do with climbing the ladder. Besides not all heroes are good, even for account boosters, despite the players being far better then the enemies.

5. carakonchar

carakonchar Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I create thread for discusing my idea for scepter...
    I don't wont to talk much about heros and thear skills...
    and this idea of apgrade can fit a lot of heros,not only Arc Warden

+it's original and dota doesnt have things like that allready

6. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @carakonchar:
    Not bad to add Scepter effects on heroes which can't use it - I don't see anything wrong with that.
    But your idea of implementation is bad and the main reason for that is because you don't understand the hero.

I'm not creative, but I could easily see 4-5 ways that the Aghanim could boost the hero.
    Copy the idea of other heroes - boost one of his other abilities by increased effect or adding additional trait to it so this is basically 4 different ideas in one place. Then we can add additional skill or additional skill which only his Double could use.

A second primary attribute is actually really strong, the damage he receive is nothing in comparison to the other benefits.
    His damage is already very high and DPS monstrous (if you can play him properly) and additional 100-150 damage won't be such of a big boost at the late game, while not being insignificant. But you missed the things which Strength based heroes receive on top of +1 damage per strength.

For agility and intelligence heroes, every point in strength

• Increases maximum health by 18.
    • Amplifies health regeneration by 0.55%.
    • Increases magic resistance by 0.08%.
    For strength heroes, every point in strength
    • Increases maximum health by 22.5.
    • Amplifies health regeneration by 0.69%.
    • Increases magic resistance by 0.1%.
    So you will basically make the hero's health be boosted by at least 450 by the strength boost alone, not counting the Aghanim stats or any additional item which increases his strength. Health regeneration will be increased slightly but most importantly - he will have huge spell resistance with high health on an 'agility' hero with very high armor ?!
    All this for the price of a Scepter - worth it, actually - it's just plain broken.
    If a good player combine that with items which are considered utility or with other purposes but boost strength and agility - like Dragon Lance, S&Y and Armlet - his DPS will skyrocket, while his utility will be significantly boosted. So from 'broken' to 'broken beyond believe'.

Obviously you don't understand what you are talking about, proposing such changes.

A change like that would require for him to lower his strength significantly as well as his agility, then he will be real garbage in the early and middle game, making Scepter his core item to compensate for that nerf ... changing the whole hero completely or (if your implementation was just added without other changes) so broken that you would see him having 100% pick/ban rate at any competitive event.

So before proposing any changes, try understanding the game a bit better first.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  7. carakonchar

carakonchar Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Why you think I'm stupid? Mb because you are????

Arc have 10 armor at 25 lvl. and only 1 at 1 lvl... agry this change will give him 500 or 600 extra hp!(y) you write+
    but bonus magic resistans upgrade will not by huge... about 2 or 3%___ but you tolking about huge magic and phisic protection!!!
    why lower his str??? and why do it significantly?
    the only reson I see why this hero is even picking - because friking 25+3.0 str
    I agry if my idea will be implemenate 3.0 str per lvl can be loock to much... but redus it to 2.5 and all be fine))))

8. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @carakonchar:
    Firstly, I didn't say you are stupid - but your proposition.
    But after this post I really think you are immature and stupid.

Arc have 10 armor at level 25 with 2,000 health as a Agility based hero.
    Phantom Assassin have 20 armor with 1,500 health.
    Guess who of both will build some agility items which will increase his armor and what benefit to his total EHP will have at that point ?

This change won't give him 500 or 600 extra HP, it will bring him this on his base stats alone, which means that when he builds some strength boosting items, such as Hurricane Pike, S&Y, Skadi and the Scepter he will have 3860 and with your change whooping 733 health on top of it, making him with a total health of 4593, but there is more ! He will also have 20 armor which makes his physical EHP at 7600 and his damage will be boosted by 160 points, on top of the utility which he already possess.
    So basically - un-kill able ranged hero with 500 DPS (1,000 when you put the damage of his ultimate), congratulation you now have someone who is on par with PA's DPS when she got a rapiers ... and that's when his health will be ... 5-6 times greater ?

But let's start from the beginning - you think Arc is weak - he is not, in fact he is one of the annoying hero to play against, when in competent hands. Let me tell you - if we meet in a game and I have Arc in my hands, you will have less then 1% chance to win a game, and that's when my worst position is middle and my performance is few folds lower then in other positions, haven't played DotA for 3 months and my proficiency with him in particular is even lower then other middle heroes.
    If a good player picks him, you are on the negatives.

Why a hero like that requires a pure buff and not some type of adjustment is beyond me.

9. carakonchar

carakonchar Member

Aug 21, 2011
    first - you just paint the situation
    second - hero do nothing against blademail(if build damage) and have no damage if build necronomicon/// yehh you can build satanic and a lot things like that but how quick you will do it if bay midas and thavel first?

10. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @carakonchar:
    Arc, as any other hero can stop attacking the hero with active blade mail - on top of it unlike melee heroes can easily switch targets and unlike spell burst-type of heroes cannot suicide easily. But splitting the damage between double and Necronomicon summons he can still kill Blade Mail user easily without wasting a lot of health.

How can Lifestealer, Sven or w/e melee hero who rely solo on his damage to do stuff to deal with Blade mail ?

Necronomicon deals more damage and is especially potent on this hero, because you can basically win the game without the enemy even see you. Double and Summons are enough to kill a single hero and/or a tower without any negatives for the hero.