1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody got an explanation for how shit MM system is in DOTA?

Discussion in 'Dota Chat' started by vorsybl, May 23, 2018.

1. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I have learned that in the current battle pass, if you have a 5 stack, you can earn 1000 mmr by winning 3 matches against "higher skilled opponents."

Cool stuff...

:horse::horse:

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
  3. Leadblast

Leadblast Member

May 31, 2010
    It seems boosting accounts is some srs bsnss where you're playing

On a side note I got like 2 or 3 weeks of mostly wins in my ranked games and I'm not even Crusader yet. But this is odd. I started at Guardian 1 iirc and after a somewhat long period of struggle, I got 2 stars up out of a sudden (and the match I played when I got my promotion wasn't really awesome from my part either).

For now, I should just keep winning, because what the hell else should I do. At least I'm positively raising my MMR now, not just my medal.

4. KinGe

KinGe Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I'm getting a deja vu moment.

5. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I wouldn't want to get boosted anyway. I've always wanted to earn my respect in the dota community, but it's never gonna happen haha .

Anyway...one last thing:

:horse:

:)

6. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Get boosted. It only costs like 50 bucks.

7. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    It doesn't feel right.

Btw im gonna come through for that cigarette.

P.S: This board has been really tolerant and patient with my swearing and bad behavior, this board is really dope and am proud to be a member. Been very frustrated/angry/depressed this past month. My face broke out too its only starting to go away now, SoBayed. Please accept my apology.

Im actually a really chill person but this business has really ruined my shit and relationships irl

Leadblast ithought you were very high skilled bracket? want to play with me?

8. GoLD-ReaVeR

GoLD-ReaVeR Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Yeah, DotA does things to people... Hence I haven't played in 2 years. Unless Volvo decides to drastically change things you're better off playing other games.

9. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    The things you've posted here are more in line with my personal experience ...

2 yrs. Wow. That's dope lol

Ya I'm having trouble sleeping and shit, sad life
    I start working again Monday finally and am grateful to have shelter

10. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I stopped playing 10 years ago, League of the Storm >>> Doto

Make money, get grills, have a happy family, gg nobs

vorsybl and MrFrank like this.
  11. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    You might need to get your head checked. Games don't "do" anything to anyone, it's all up to you as a person.

12. vorsybl

vorsybl Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people!!

Zzz

League of the diarrhea is the new game I'll play.

13. GoLD-ReaVeR

GoLD-ReaVeR Member

Feb 19, 2014
    No need to get anything checked, there's plenty of more challenging games out there that do not cause its userbase to fall out against eachother. DotA2 has pioneered griefing to a level thought unimaginable only a decade ago.

14. MrFrank

MrFrank Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Well that's better, I should think. I still wouldn't attribute poor life decisions to "Dota does things to people" but as long as you can recognize there are other games out there, or better ways to spend your time, it doesn't really matter I guess.

15. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @GoLD-ReaVeR:
    I don't think that DotA is the reason those players are toxic, I think that those guys are toxic and just happens to play DotA as well.

A lot of games suffer from toxic communities.

To my observation the only game which had very little toxic players involved were RTS games like StarCraft franchise and that was before they washed down the difficulty of the game in SC2 where plenty of casual gamers flood the servers and toxicity while still not as much as in other games is much more easily found.

16. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Also classic starcraft is 1v1 so the worst you can do is rage at yourself.

I used to play a lot of SCBW but I found SC2 to be really lacking.

17. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
  18. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Sure, I've seen him. But it's not like him raging affects anyone's game except his own.

19. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    It does affected me multiple times.

I was laughing out loud when he rage-quit one game when he was winning hard, because he though he was losing it - during a tournament mind you.

The game in question is here

ManOnTheCan likes this.
  20. GoLD-ReaVeR

GoLD-ReaVeR Member

Feb 19, 2014
    DotA is part of a handful of games where truly toxic people get to do whatever they want and are protected by the system.
    Many more don't. There's plenty of teamgames where people work together without issue. Heck, Guild Wars 2 manages to get 100 players to work together to do events yet DotA2 can't even manage to have 5 cooperate with eachother.
    Any 1v1 game and like I said plenty of teamgames have far less toxic communities than this one. And the reason for those teamgames to have less toxic communities is simply because toxic players are either kicked or avoided.