1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Mechanic That favors Carries Over Supports!

Discussion in 'Meta-Game Discussion' started by mapdesigner, Feb 27, 2018.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Hello,

when I spammed ogre I noticed that attack animation completes despite losing the target unit to fog.

on the other hand, spell animation cannot be completed if the target goes into fog/jukes you.

I think they should both be the same.

I miss when WCIII days both got cancelled. juking was so ez back then, but now...

thoughts?

2. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I don't really remember the details, but IIRC attack speed/animation speed also have some part there. Not really sure tho.
    And yeah. Support got some supportive items to kite and diffusal got nerfed on the dispell part. More support got defensive talents too which is nice. I don't think carry is that favoured. At least compared to recent previous patches.
    (also, go stack for your carry now. more gold support for your support.)

3. BloodRampage-

BloodRampage- Member

Nov 9, 2013
    the OP doesnt care at all about 'support items' being buffed and whatnot... he just wants his supports like CM to be viable as carries themselves (which isnt a bad thing - infact its something id like too)

it'll take a lot more than few random talents for that to work, because traditional support heroes have 892342342 weaknesses that they spend time trying to address altogether (mana issues, shit dmg, shit AS, shit cd, shit range/attack animation, shit armor/hp, shit speed/mobility/escape)... and this makes them terribly inefficient as carries

the fact that there are 'little' mechanics like fog juking that further disadvantage spellcasters (and therefore, supports, because many of them are spellcasters) simply rubs salt in the wound... and thats what the OP is trying to get at

mapdesigner likes this.
  4. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Supports are actually OP right now and need nerfs.

5. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I couldnt put this in any better words or make this any more clear.

Thanks @BloodRampage-

6. invul_nerable

invul_nerable Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I think LoL has this.

7. flamegod0

flamegod0 Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I think he didn't want support to be buffed tho. He wanted to nerf the other party. Which is not really a buff for carry CM anyway.

At least for me, nerfing something will need a real reason; e.g. too strong or buffing the other party will further imbalance the stability.

8. r0xo

r0xo Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I don't really see how this is a problem. Yeah so it is something carries are better at than nukers/supports but it doesn't mean that it makes them too strong. Especially because it only applies to single target spells. So yeah sorry Ogre but then you get the same effect for Morphling who can't stun, Luna can't lucent beam, PA can't dagger etc etc

Yeah it's not exactly the same but it's not a big deal.

9. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Member

Aug 11, 2011
    It actually has huge impact early game.

Supports cant juke carries (am etc) but carries can juke most supports w/ exception of rubick and disturber.

10. Blarrg

Blarrg Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Supports are overpowered and need nerfs. Specifically ET, Wisp, Disruptor, BH, Tusk, Earth Spirit, Naga, Shaman, and Willow.