1. Hello and welcome to the brand new home for PlayDota!
    Please read through our Welcome thread to see what's new!
    Dismiss Notice

[Anime] One-Punch Man S2

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Discussion' started by LAYDKZ, Oct 29, 2016.

1. LAYDKZ

LAYDKZ Member

May 19, 2012
    Anyone knows?
    I'm curious so bad.

2. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    It was never confirmed to have a S2, unless you have a link which says otherwise?

3. Senjougahara

Senjougahara Moderator Staff Member

Jun 10, 2009
    No release date yet. Also, please edit your title according to the guideline.

It is confirmed lol. How you missed that, I dunno.

Blamagenkind likes this.
  4. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    dafuq

Wew, I wonder which direction they're gonna go, the manga nice art version or the original web doodle version

5. LAYDKZ

LAYDKZ Member

May 19, 2012
    Manga nice art probably.
    Lol Dunno the if there is a guideline, can't edit the title right now btw.

6. Senjougahara

Senjougahara Moderator Staff Member

Jun 10, 2009
    That's... odd. I didn't know you guys couldn't edit the title manually. Well, I'll do the title change for now (and probably just gonna keep this as the one punch man thread). Imma ask some people if this is intentional.

7. LAYDKZ

LAYDKZ Member

May 19, 2012
    Thanks anyway, couldn't find the edit button for this.

8. Raegatta

Raegatta Member

Oct 14, 2017
    There's a Season 2? I thought they're not making it?
    Damn, I'm quite excited. I wonder how the story is going to be.

9. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    From what I've read of the manga, season 2 would be significantly worse than season 1. At best we have Tatsumaki V Saitama.

10. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    If your main draw is Saitama then yea, it will seem worse.

Similar reasoning to Overlord S2.

If your main draw is world building, then you should be glad that they're building more on the world. Applies to both series.

11. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Season 2 is officially announced.

The studio/director was changed, I'm not knowledgeable about those things, but in Reddit/OPM they are talking about the fame of the director of season 1 (which was the main reason for the quality) and how the new studio/director cannot compare.
    The important part for me is the story and not the art, but different people have different tastes - so I won't be disappointed ether way.

No date of release but it's expected (judgement comes from the annotation that the studio started working on it - and the estimates between that information and release of other anime releases) to be out in summer/autumn(fall) 2018.

The story would be around the second arc in the Manga (not the original web-comic created by ONE, but the Murata/ONE edition) - Martial arts tournament going into the Monster Association arc.
    Featuring the additional characters of Suiryu (top level martial artist) and Garou (top level martial artist), much more scenes from side-characters such as King, Watchdog Man, Snek and Lighning Max as well as my favorite - Bang.
    Saitama's appearance/lines will be significantly lowered compared to season 1, but he is still the main character of the anime of course.

12. Mr. Foxxie

Mr. Foxxie Member

Apr 23, 2010
    What drew people to like the first one was that the director personally gathered his team of animators, each one of them ready to give their all for the anime because they absolutely loved it, it was a work of passion.

This time it's because profit seems good considering the first run, but how they handle it will determine whether it's good.

13. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Member

Jun 11, 2009
    @Mr. Foxxie:
    IMO the quality of a product can be exactly the same easily if the new animators just wish to achieve it.
    Animation is not as difficult process as people think, especially if you have experience (which most professional animators does) and already have the model/samples (for which they can use Season 1).
    It will take them a little bit more time and would of course require the attention of experience animators, which if not available will require addition funds.

But some time studio/companies have different views on their way of work/company policy about quality/profits.

I really hope Japanese anime studio to do it seriously and not slack, as some (like American based game company we are well aware off, because of their game which brought us together here) others. But as already stated - the good story is much more valuable for me than the quality of the animation. And I really think that most of the OPM fans like that in the anime the most - and were not drawn into it by the quality of the first season alone.

14. adapt

adapt Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Oh I forgot about Garou. I'm actually really looking forward to that because I really like the character.